Camping With Chris Header

Camping With Chris Header
Travel Fast & Camp Slow!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blue ones are Best ????????????

         As I worked another weekend RV Show tempting campers to come to the Resort in which I work I had lots on my mind. Sitting wondering how I am going to get the Resort up and ready for camping in just a couple of weeks, when I hear a customer ring out," I stayed there once and had a site in the shade, your place has no grassy sites, I am not coming back!". This gentleman was very loud and obnoxious and displayed no general concern so I asked him, "Did you choose that site when you booked it, or did the folks at the reservation desk pick it for you?, did you ask for a grassy site?". The man muttered ,"yeah I picked it from the map cause it was blue on there and my friend said the blue ones are good."

          If you know me at all, my mind has just shifted into overdrive with thousands of things I could blast out in response. But instead I looked to both sides to see if anyone else was watching this, then I looked up as his wife, who already had the eye roll working, and you could tell she was completely embarrassed. I asked him if he was planning on camping with us in 2011 and he said, no kidding, "Ill come back if you guys put some grassy sites on the map where theres a blue box, cause me friend says they are the best". I couldn't take it at this point and told the guy, look, I can put you on a grassy site if you would like,however I cant promise that it will have a blue box on the map. He said that would be ok, he guessed?.
     So then of course I couldn't let it go with a simple "Look forward to seeing you" I had to go farther and I popped the question, "what type of unit do you have"? The guy look at me straight in the eyes and says......"Oh we don't have an RV thats why we are here shopping at the show, we were camping with friends last time in their RV and like the shady sites but we like them grassy!!       Are you kidding me?  What the Heck! *&^%$

So this is a shout out to all you campers out there.  Please talk to the folks at the reservation desk when you are booking a site and tell them what you like! It will make it much easier on both of us!
*************
This shout out is for all you campground owners and workers..Stay tough, don't take it personal, and keep smiling. I can feel your pain!


Hope your all ready for the 2011 camping season... Camping with Chris is!  Woot!

Travel Fast & Camp Slow!
Chris





1 comment: